Thursday, March 27, 2008

When did "normal" become the exception??

My daughter asked me what we had to do today? Do? Do??? I found myself irritated by the question. As if the day is not complete unless we do something other than the ordinary, mundane things that get done in a day.

How did it happen? When did a "normal" day become the exception rather than the rule around here?

You may ask, "What is a normal day?" Well, for me, a normal day would be a day when we get up, have breakfast, home school, do housework, cook meals, eat, play, etc. It would be a day with no outside obligations, appointments, lessons, etc. No running around. No major interruptions.

Right now, a week of "normal" days almost sounds nicer to me than a week's vacation!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails