Monday, November 29, 2010

Some Knitting...

I finished a pair of socks this weekend:


The pattern is "Totally Tubular" by Samantha Roshak of KnitQuest.
The yarn is Miss Babs Yummy Monochrome Sport & Sock Yarn in the Clematis colorway.

The pattern is a unique approach to knitting socks. You make a very long tube and then add the toes, ribbing and afterthought heels.

I also have a sweater to share, but I need to get it photographed.

Now, on the my 8 year-old daughter. She's been a busy gal these days! Here is a bag she crocheted using vibrant kitchen cotton.



The hat she knit her brother.



The fingerless gloves she knit.



And a shawl she knit in Caribbean colors.


She entered the last three items in the County fair. There were 3 knitting categories for ages 9-18. She won the blue ribbons in all three! (The crocheted bag was not finished at that time.)

Pretty soon, she'll be knitting and crocheting circles around me!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Wow, your daughter is very talented! Love her work.

The socks sound interesting. I might just have to hunt out that pattern for next winter.

Blessings, Jules

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails