Thursday, June 25, 2009

REAL Food.


Have you noticed how much of what we Americans eat is not really food? I mean, look at the ingredients on a loaf of bread in the grocery store...what IS all that stuff??? I make bread. It's simple and easy...whole wheat flour, water, honey, oil, a little yeast, and a little salt...like I said, SIMPLE. The ingredients are real. Not a lot of chemicals, preservatives, colors and flavorings. I am amazed at how much junk, mass-produced and manufactured stuff we put into our bodies. Don't let me get started ranting about the sodium levels and evil high fructose corn syrup!

And I find that REAL food is more satisfying. Tonight for dinner we had grilled chicken kabobs (seasoned with just a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper), fresh corn on the cob, fresh picked green beans, baked potatoes (with real butter) and a salad. We were all sitting around afterwards saying to each other, "Man! That was GOOD!" My body feels like it has not just been filled, but it has been truly fed.

Oh, and for dessert? I've got some homemade scones baking in the oven to go along with fresh strawberries and whipping cream (not the fake stuff). Good old fashioned strawberry shortcake. Yum!

1 comment:

Handmade With Love said...

Sounds SO yummy...think I should have been there for dinner.

By "luck of the random draw" YOU have won the Free RUBY July subscription. Please email me at hand.made.with.love@hotmail.com with your email address. I will need that to send to the publisher so that you can get your JULY FREE issue!

Once you've had a chance to read this issue you will have an opportunity to subscribe either by monthly subscription or yearly.

I know you're going to love it. It has exceeded our wildest expecttations.

CONGRATS...Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails