Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines!


I bet we are the only household still making Valentines on February 15th.

It's a pretty messy business.


I know my hubby (who loves order and neatness) will be thrilled when we are done and the coffee table is once again visible.

My 8 year-old's book club meets this afternoon, and she wanted give them hand-made Valentines...all ten of the other girls! It has been a lesson in perseverance for her. There are quite a few hand stitches in each of these little felt pouches. Handmade gifts are fun, but they are also a lot of work.



It saddens me to think that most of the recipients will probably be more excited about the little Hershey bar and the pencil inside the handmade Valentine. But I guess that's okay.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Those are beautiful. We failed to make any this year.

Sarah said...

What a thoughtful young lady she is! I do know what you mean about joy over the Hershey and pencil over handmade Valentine, stitched with love. I struggle many times about making handmade gifts...at the end of the day, it makes me happy to knit for others. That's what counts! Keep up the good spirit, my friend.

Sarah said...

Beautiful Valentine's. Your 8-year-old princess is definitely getting her creative genes from her talented mom :D I'd come to term with myself that it's okay a recipient may not have the same appreciation I have in things--it's about self satisfaction and contentment. Besides, don't we just love the oooohs and aaaahs we get from our crafty audience :D

Thank you for your nice and open comments sharing about my blog makeover today. I really appreciate it!!!!! Main reason to compress the posts is loadable speed of a visitor. I have some friends in California and a few relatives overseas that are still in low-bandwidth/speed and a page would take forever to load with all my widgets/gadgets. After extensive research, this was one of the solution. As to your valid concern/annoyance, to avoid having to toggle back and forth, you may click on individual post entry off the left-hand tab RANDOM MUSINGS. It opens up as FULL POST. Again, thank you so much for your valuable feedback. Keep them coming, please. I hope to get back to regular musing soon.

Unknown said...

Those are so pretty! What a creative idea too. We did homemade Valentine's to each other, but nothing that creative. Still fun though :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails