Sunday, January 21, 2007

How do folks do it???

I just don't understand. How do folks "keep up" with all that is going on in blog-land? Shucks! Just between the fascinating knitting/crocheting/spinning blogs I want to read I get sooooo behind! Then there are the witty and interesting blogs my friends keep. I can't find enough time to read it all daily, much less write daily. How do they do it? I just don't seem to be able to write in my blog regularly either. I will write a post and then I blink my eyes and a week or more has passed. So tell me, how do you all do it??

May I also add to this how intimidated and inadequate I feel when I see so many well written blogs with gorgeous photos and original layouts? Someday soon, I want to give this poor polka-dotted blog a new look. Truth-be-told, I am fearful of fiddling around with it and accidentally messing the whole thing up!

For your viewing pleasure, may I submit to you two different blogs...one I stumbled across just today, the other I have been familiar with for a short while. They are a feast for the eyes...lovely to behold.

http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/knitblog/
http://moonstitches.typepad.com/moonstitches/ (sorry, due to a very sensitive filter on my computer, it would not allow me to link to this one)

Yarnstorm and Moonstitches are examples of what I am talking about...their blogs both inspire me with their sheer beauty and make me feel like a failure by my lack of it. (((sigh))) Oh well, I must once again remind myself that this is the season of my life I must spend in the trenches of motherhood. Homeschooling and meeting the needs of 7 youths takes the majority of my time and energy. If I even manage to accomplish anything else beyond that, it is just icing on the cake!

3 comments:

kimodified said...

"Oh well, I must once again remind myself that this is the season of my life I must spend in the trenches of motherhood. Homeschooling and meeting the needs of 7 youths takes the majority of my time and energy. If I even manage to accomplish anything else beyond that, it is just icing on the cake!"

Seems to me you have your priorities straight ~ straighter than I do. I miss your contact when you don't have time to blog, but I can't complain if it's because you're doing what you should be doing!!

As far as how some people have time for it, maybe some do, but others of us just steal that time from things we shouldn't, like laundry or projects or homeschool, etc. And even then, there is still more in the blogosphere that we can not keep up with. Lately I have felt disconnected, not able to keep up with as many blogs, not able to blog as much. And still can't say I've given all my time aright.

Oh well, I am glad to hear from you now and then. :-) I've been thinking of you a lot, lately!! And I know how you feel about the fear of messing up the blog design, I've done that myself a few times, LOL.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I don't think I have your email address, so I hope you don't mind my answering your question here. It's the only way I know to reach you. The knitting needles in the picture are Brittany Black Walnut. As I understand it, Brittany no longer makes these. My husband spoiled me by giving me this pair as an anniversary gift. He purchased them from Ebay. I don't even want to know what he paid for them. They are often very expensive.

As for the question in your post, I'm only able to keep up with blogging because my kids are grown and out of the house. Your day will come. Until then, you have more important and meaningful things to do.

Anna said...

Honey...it only means that your priorities are right on. Gosh, if I had 7 kids to fee, clean and homeschool, I wouldn't be able to blog at all. Even now, I sometimes should be doing other things when I blog instead. I am really trying to get it on track and make sure all my other "duties" are done first, but this is not always the case. (and I only have ONE kid.)
Keep on doing what you are doing. You are a wonderful mother and wife and you should be proud of yourself. I enjoy hearing what you say whenever you have time to say it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails