Friday, January 29, 2010

Stress Mittens



I've been meaning to show off my new pair of mittens that I knit this past weekend. I call them my "Stress Mittens" because knitting them was an effort at coping with all the laundry and plumbing frustrations we were having.

However, this week has not been my best and I've not found much time to blog. I will spare you all the gory details of that. Perhaps in another post.

Here is a picture of the finished pair. And I know I've said this before, but I must repeat myself and say that my skills at photography do not do the colors of this yarn justice.



**Note:
I am using a Canon PowerShot SX100 IS. I take my photos in natural light whenever possible. I am not using the flash and I have Picasa for photo editing, only editing my photos when the image needs cleaning up or in an effort to adjust color so that it looks as close as possible to the real thing. I feel that the photos above are somewhat washed out and less vivid than reality. I don't feel the greens and plums are showing true. The plums look more like brown on my monitor. Any photography advice is most welcome!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh, I love the yarn color! And you did a great job with the mittens! I haven't knitted much of anything except scarfs. I started on an afghan, but haven't gotten very far!

Laura said...

I have a canon power shot too, and it has a feature called "vivid colors"

http://library.udayton.edu/mediapods/still-camera.pdf

check out this, go to page 121, and see if that makes a difference for you :)

I was so sorry to hear about your washer! How frustrating, but your post was still so humorous! I'm glad you weather the bad times with grace!!

Anna said...

I have so much trouble with camera colors as well. I finally gave up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails