Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Things that I have completed...

Often, when I feel down, I practice the "count your blessings" approach to remind me that things aren't so bad. So, in that spirit, and as a positive response to my previous post which may have seemed a bit whiny, I am going to count some things that as a wife and mother I have finished, completed, accomplished. Let's see if I can come up with at least 10 things I have successfully seen to the conclusion and I no longer do on a daily/monthly/yearly basis.

1) Learn to cook (poor hubby suffered through much trial and error and lumpy gravy)
2) Childbirth (did this 7 times, and it never got easier!)
2b) Wear maternity clothes (certainly don't miss that!)
3) Nursing and baby bottles
4) Diapers (Boy! That was a lot of work!)
5) Potty training
6) Change the linens on a wet bed (this comes with #5 above)
7) Teach kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade (youngest is now in 3rd grade)
8) Travel with diaper bag and sippy cups always in tow
9) Buckle my kids in car seats
10) Wake up to find myself doing uncomfortable contortions in an effort to not wake the child that has crawled into bed with us

Now, that was pretty easy to do. In fact, I confess finding myself slightly nostalgic and sad to think I won't be doing some of those things again. I do so love babies! I guess there are always grandchildren to look forward to some day.

1 comment:

Michael Kitchen said...

11) teach 7 homeschool students at once
12) teach 6 homeschool students at once
13) teach 5 homeschool students at once
14) teach 4 homeschool students at once (only a few months to go on this one)

Class sizes are shrinking :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails